Parking in Bratislava
- Yellow/Red lines mean parking here is strictly forbidden.
- White lines mean parking here is allowed.
- White cross mean parking here is restricted (sometimes for residents, sometimes it is paid - look for this sign or for a seller in a reflexive green vest).
- This sign means : Parking here is not allowed.
- This sign means : Parking here is allowed, but only for a minute.
- If you park partially on a pavement - make sure you left at least 1.5m for pedestrians.
Breaking any of this rules might (and probably will) result in towing of your car. If that happens - call 112 (police), they will inform you how to proceed - our advice is to avoid this sort of trouble.
Some pro tips
- Park somewhere else than in the center and use public transport (95% of parking spots in the center are restricted).
- If you have to park in the center, there are not so expansive parking houses (1€ - 3€ per hour) and some even cheaper smaller parking areas (0.5€ - 1€ euro per hour).
- Most shopping malls offer free parking, at least for first 3 hours (but it might be a little bit problematic during lunch time or special events (Christmas or so on).
- Most of the paid spots are free after 5pm (and untill 8am) - this should be written under the parking sign.
More for you